How To Create A Blog In 15 Minutes Or Less – Best Strategies For 2017
Have you ever wanted to know how to create a blog in 15 minutes or less? Creating a blog is nothing you need to be afraid of. There is also no elaborate planning required either. However, there are a few things you will have to decide on since blogging service providers give you a lot of choices in terms of templates, colors, and themes so you will have to choose which of these fit your needs.
The following is a quick guide of what to think about before creating your blog:
- Theme: Determine what it is you want to write about and the nature of the content you will be sharing with your readers. This depends mainly on what your interests are. Topics to blog about could be anything from politics, poetry, arts, current affairs or just about anything under the sun. You can stick to one theme or choose to write about whatever concerns you on a day to day basis. Since it is your very own web journal, you can make it as flexible as possible in all aspects.
- Blog Provider: Next you need to decide on which blogging service provider you would like to use. This depends on the kind of reviews that you get about them from friends and acquaintances or something you may have read about them online. Otherwise just go ahead and try one and see if you like what they have to offer. A few of the more popular sites are Blogger.com, WordPress.com, Typepad, Livejournal.com, JournalHome.com, TheDairy.org, Mindsay.com, Diaryland.com, Blogdrive.com or Xanga.com
- Templates: A wide range of templates will be made available from any blogging service you decide to start with. Just select the one you like most.
- Nature Of Your Blog: You should determine who will be reading your blog and whether you want it to be read by a select circle of readers or should it be available to everyone. This will depend mainly on the content of your blog.
- Layout: Again, there will be a wide range to choose from in terms of layout and color schemes.
- Content: You can pick a specific theme and write about it consistently, or decide on any topic and write about that anytime you feel inclined to do so. Try putting up content for a period of time and see what kind of response you get and modify and improve on it as warranted.
- Blogging Circle: Blogging is a great way to get in touch with people from across the globe. You can surf and visit other people’s blogs. Do not spam in their comments section, but write a genuine comment if you have something to say about a particular post.
- Skins: You can customize and personalize your blog as much and as often as you want. Using software like Photoshop will help you create your own skins and make your blog attractive as well as make it reflect your own personality.
- Publish: Finally, when you are done selecting the settings and preferences and content you want to post, you will need to publish. Do not, however, forget to send the link to your blog to friends and others so they can come and visit your blog.
Once you have started your blog you will have noticed it hardly even takes fifteen minutes to do so. Maintaining your blog is even easier. Here are a few tips that should help you keep your blog successfully going.
–Update: Update frequently otherwise visitors may stop coming to your blog. It will also give you more confidence to churn out more well worded posts in the future.
–Personalize: Even though you might be discussing general and universal themes, add your own personal touch to make things lighter and more interesting.
–Themes: If you have a theme blog you can google for other blogs of a similar kind and build your network.
–Spelling and Grammar: Make sure you proof read your posts. Spelling and grammatical errors can be a major put off for many readers.
–Advertisements: You could play host to sites like Google Adsense and earn revenue by placing their links on your blog.
As you can see creating a blog is not difficult nor is it terribly time-consuming. Blogging in the twenty-first century has become an important tool for advertising your website, product or service.
So…. be consistent with your content, update on a regular basis, offer original and helpful information and remember that if you offer something of value you will develop long-lasting relationships and build trust with all of your visitors.